It’s a monumental day in my world and many of you here have provided the sense of community and support that have made the following a reality.
My first book can now be ordered.
My . . . first . . . book!
It’s “Find the Fish” – an eye-spy style book. It’s the “Where’s Waldo” of the marine world aimed at increasing awareness of the life in the NE Pacific Ocean.
In addition to being fun, the book is intended to add to the knowledge of just how diverse and colourful life is in these cold, dark waters. Text provides background on the images and invites children to look for other species as well as the featured fish.
It is soft-cover and features eleven searches for fish. Each search is spread across two pages to be 17″ by 11″ (43 cm x 28 cm). Answer pages are included showing the location of the fish with additional labeling of other species. Please see example pages below.
All photos and text are by yours truly with illustrations of the featured fish generously provided by Andy Lamb of Coastal Fishes of the Pacific Northwest. Fish ID help was also provided by Gregory Jensen of Mola Marine.
Find the Fish is aimed at children ages 5 to 10 and the adults who love them!
The books are $18 each (tax included). YOU CAN ORDER BY CLICKING HERE 🙂 .
Again, thank you for YOUR role in making this a reality.
- Shipping in Canada $3/book; USA $6/book; international airmail $10/book.
- No shipping charge if picking up in Port McNeill. Please contact me by clicking this link before placing a local order.
- Softcover 8.5″ wide x 11″ high (21.5 cm x 28 cm).
- Saddle stitched binding (two staples).
- Cover + 32 colour pages which include:
- Introduction to the fish and the importance of camouflage.
- 11 Find the Fish challenges spread across two pages.
- 4 answer pages.
- Self-published as Marine Matters Publishing.